Sunday, June 7, 2009

what whaaaaaat?

I haven't blogged in over a month. Crazy.

1) Jessica and I went on vacation. An honest-to-God-ain't-gotta-do-nothin' vacation. We flew to Portland, which was AWESOME (neither of us have ever been). It was super beautiful and a lot like Austin.

Then we took the train to Seattle for one day. We went in December and weren't superfans of the place, but we wanted to go long enough to go to the Space Needle and the Sci-Fi Museum, which was TRIPLE COOL because there was a Jim Henson exhibit. My hero. My ultimate hero.


photo by some dude working there.

Then we took the train to Vancouver. The train ride was old-timey.


photo by jess. old-timiness by me.



We stayed in Vancouver for five days, and totally fell in love with the city. Rented bikes a couple times and rode around. Stayed in a baller-ass hotel for crazy cheap (Priceline negotiater!), plotted becoming Canadian, rode little boats around. It was great. We can't wait to go back.

2) So I'm staring down a deadline. In two weeks, the first draft of my new book is due. I'm about 2/3 finished. And basically, if I pull this off, I'm the greatest writer alive. If I can't, I'm human after all. I'll let you know.

3) I'm in Texas for another week or so. Abilene for a while, and then Austin for a couple days. My mom's dog that I claim as my own had a seizure tonight. He has them every once in a while. Scary. And heart-breaking. But he's healthy and happy otherwise. The vet isn't concerned. I love you, Corbin!